With some 300 buildings, 40,000 students, 250,000 living alumni, and a reputation for excellence that reaches around the globe, McGill has carved out a spot among the world's greatest universities.
We invite you to explore some of the momentous achievements of McGill and McGillians. While we're proud of what we've accomplished, our story is still being written, and new chapters are added all the time. If you're considering an academic career at McGill, we hope that one day you will count your own pages among them.
- 1821 founding date of McGill University
- 1st in Canada among medical-doctoral universities for eleven consecutive years (Maclean’s 2016)
- 24th in the world (QS World University Rankings 2015/16)
- 300+ programs of study
- 25% international students
- 23% graduate students
- Highest % of PhD students of any Canadian research university
- 180 countries where alumni live and work
- 139 Rhodes Scholars—the highest among Canadian universities
- 12 Nobel Prizewinners—the highest among Canadian universities