QI's Call for Projects
CURRENT CALL FOR PROJECTS :
OCTOBER 1st TO NOVEMBER 10 FOR PROJECTS THAT WILL BE IMPLEMENTED BETWEEN JANUARY 1st 2018 AND JUNE 30th 2018.
With this Call for Projects, the QI aims to concretely promote projects that will strengthen ties between various players within the community, such as entrepreneurs, students, businesses, residents, etc.
The QI’s mission is to create a bonafide showcase of innovation in Montréal by capitalizing on the synergy of its partners. It also seeks to create an innovative living environment that is deeply rooted within its five square kilometer boundary.
*Projects completed within QI boundaries will be favoured.
VISION FOR THE CALL FOR PROJECTS
Over the last two years, numerous audacious initiatives have emerged within the QI and their university members. In keeping with this theme, we seek to encourage innovative projects that will energize the QI and raise its profile.
Selected projects must be completed within QI boundaries, or within our university member’s walls. Additionally, projects must benefit QI residents, professionals, entrepreneurs, professors, researchers, or students.
WHO CAN SUBMIT A PROJECT?
- A student, professor, or researcher from a member university (École de technologies supérieure (ÉTS), McGill, Concordia or Université du Québec à Montréal (UQÀM)).
- A legally incorporated organization.
- A startup or a SME;
- A QI resident or a group of QI residents*.
* Please note that individuals submitting a project must be legally authorized to work in Canada.
There are three main categories of projects available to those wishing to contribute to building the Quartier de l’Innovation. Projects selected in each category will receive financial support. For more information regarding the objectives, criteria and restrictions associated with each category, please see the following pages.
REQUIRED DOCUMENTS (to be inserted in the registration form)
- Call for projects application form, duly completed by the applicant.
- Projected project budget (the use of the QI’s budget template is preferable.).
- Project timeline.
- Applicant's CV or short presentation document. (E.g.: PowerPoint, PDF, etc.)
- Project authorization (if applicable). (E.g.: borough permit).
DEADLINE AND SELECTION
The deadline for submitting projects is Friday November 10, 2017.
The projects will be evaluated by a selection committee made up of:
- A citizen;
- A business representative;
- A professor;
- Members of the QI team.
We will provide a response during the week of December 4th. A meeting will be arranged with the contact people for the selected projects in order to plan for the completion of the project.
The WI has a budget envelope of $3,000 per target audience. Except exceptions, the entire budget will not be allocated to a single project.
If the project is completed at a later date (after June 30th 2018), the amount will not be paid and the project must be re-submitted during the next Call for Projects.
There are be two Call for Projects per year:
- Project submission in the month of October, for projects to be carried out between January 1st, and June 30th;
- Project submission in the month of May, for projects to be carried out between July 1, and December 31.
***Turnkey projects only.
To ensure that projects are carried out, the conditions for the allocation of funds will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
If the project is canceled, the amount paid must be refunded in full, unless you have the supporting documents showing expenses already incurred.
ASSESSMENT OF BENEFITS
The organization commits to provide the QI with a project report including a summary of the project, the actual budget, and the quantifiable impacts (e.g.: number of people, press coverage, social media impact, sales, etc.) within 30 days of the end of the project.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, PLEASE CONTACT:
Phone number : 438 387-3347 Ext.: 204
Email : cdesmarais [at] quartierinnovationmontreal.com