- Next-generation networks (4.5G/5G, Cat M 1, LoRa, Fixed Wireless Access, Passive Optical Network)
- Access to the Open-Air Laboratory for Smart Living database
- A secure platform for connected-objects management allowing data collection and aggregation as well as the implementation of external APIs
- Project support through telecommunications services and equipment (wired and wireless)
- Connected-object equipment such as sensors and probes with various functionalities (presence detection, environmental management, weather station, etc.)
Visibility and outreach
- Visibility of your projects through the Lab’s partner networks
- Free office and prototyping space in the Quartier de l’Innovation Hangar
- A pool of dedicated testers to improve your product
- Specific locations for citywide prototyping and testing (shops, businesses, infrastructure, etc.)
- Access to a network of partners
- Support from R&D, product development and telecommunications technology experts during the field testing process
- A unique opportunity to collaborate with researchers from ÉTS, UQAM, Concordia, and McGill on research projects
Eligibility criteria for projects
- Must be related to the technological development and/or use of 5G cellular connectivity or any other advanced connectivity, including the Internet of Things (IoT)
- Must be innovative and related to smart living
- Must be produced or tested inside the boundaries of the Quartier de l’Innovation and be potentially deployable outside the laboratory
- Must be able to collect data that will be analyzed and shared with other Smart Living Lab participants (while respecting data integrity, privacy and applicable laws)
- Must have a high potential for positive impact on the local or national economy (research results, technological innovation, etc.).
- Must be achievable within 12 months after submission
- Must make use of at least one part of the available infrastructure in the Smart Living Lab or the services of one of its partners
It is important to note that the partners of the Smart Living Lab offer access to expertise, meeting spaces and infrastructure, but not financial support for those applying to this program.
Please note that a selection committee composed of representatives from each of the Lab’s partners (Videotron, Ericsson, ÉTS, Quartier de l’Innovation) will evaluate each proposal and will contact successful project applicants for presentations and exploratory meetings.
See what’s in it for you, read our eligibility criteria and fill out a participation form!
Any questions or requests for information can be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.