Solergy Systems: Solar Energy Systems Conceived Here to Sustain a Better World
Solergy Systems specializes in off-grid applications for solar energy systems, which they design, distribute and install. Their innovative systems are designed to provide electricity to communities in remote areas of the world. They come in a standardized kit that is easy to pack and install and customizable according to customer needs.
Solergy Systems is currently in the test phase of their Solar School Kit. A functional prototype has been installed on the roof of McGill University while they run performance tests in collaboration with ÉTS in the Open-Air Laboratory for Smart Living.
Other electrical backup models have already been deployed and have been operational in Venezuela for some time to alleviate their energy crisis. We are entering the commercialization phase of these models.
The startup uses photovoltaic solar panels to produce energy, which is stored in AGM (absorbed glass mat) batteries. Then, an inverter converts the energy in the batteries into alternating current to supply common devices.
A Bluetooth interface makes it possible to configure the system and download data. Solergy Systems plans to test the feasibility of these remote operations on the LoRa network, available in the Open-Air Laboratory for Smart Living.
Field tests carried out as part of the Open-Air Laboratory for Smart Living
- Operational and system performance tests in the Laboratory of ÉTS;
- Operational tests on a roof in the Quartier de l’Innovation;
- Validation of installation and packing procedures;
- Remote data downloading via the Smart Living Lab's LoRa network.
For Solergy Systems, this is an opportunity to:
- Monitor data from a distant location using the Smart Living Lab's LoRa network ;
- Develop field applications of its prototypes in living areas;
- Test different functionalities of the project, including assembly.