Who we are
World class experimental laboratory, the Quartier de l’Innovation (QI) was officially launched in 2013 under an academic initiative. In addition to the four university members (École de technologie supérieure (ÉTS), McGill University, Concordia University and Université du Québec à Montréal (UQAM)), the QI is financially supported by the City of Montreal, the Government of Quebec and the Government of Canada, as well as 25 corporate partners. The mission of this alliance is to foster a one-of-a-kind innovation ecosystem where experimentation and collaboration between academics, entrepreneurs and residents generate benefits for society.
Its territory stretches from René Lévesque Boulevard to the Lachine Canal from north to south, and from McGill Street to Atwater Avenue from east to west.
The QI is a non-profit organization and is directid by a strong board of 15 members chaired by Pierre Boivin (Claridge Inc.) that enables the QI to develop major innovative initiatives and attract new partners in order to have a strong impact in our community.
To foster a one-of-a-kind innovation ecosystem where experimentation and collaboration between academics, entrepreneurs and residents generate benefits for society.
- The QI as a reference for innovation in Quebec;
- A vector of mobilization around academic institutions as well as industrial, social and cultural actors;
- An “ecosystem” that encourages social, cultural and technological innovation;
- A model of sustainable development;
- A catalyst for growth for entrepreneurs, SMEs, and cultural and social organizations.